Mage/Pet Class Macro

Macro requests from before the user variable changes that broke all macros

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Everguide
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:00 pm

Mage/Pet Class Macro

Post by Everguide » Sat Sep 28, 2002 3:30 pm

I am trying to make a Macro that would be like a fight.mac and the macro that you use to camp Dyllin Starsine. The only difference would be that instead of YOU attacking your PET would be attacking. Also when pets health gets to X% then you heal it. What I would use it for is to camp the following:
------------------------------------------------------------
Power of Fire
(Sol A: "blazing elemental" rare drop, "lava elemental", common drop?)

Item: Power of Fire
Boring but easy camp if you have your 39 pets or better, and even at 34 you SHOULD be able to do this solo although it will be more work. I personally had to camp for about 3.5 hours to get the Power of Fire; lucky for me, it was 4 am and I was going to give up for the night after one last spawn, and lucky me, it had the Power of Fire.

The Blazing Elementals spawn in the north part of Sol A, in a pit that has two false ceilings (rather, false floors in two other rooms) and a ramp that leads into another room where nothing spawns. (If you have the EQ Atlas map of Sol A (http://www.eqatlas.com/solusekseyemap.html), the Blazing Elementals pit is marked at spot 3, and the unoccupied room is the small, perfectly square room just southwest of the "3".

At first I camped in that room, waiting for the Blazing Elementals to spawn (they are on roughly a 19-minute spawn timer) and meanwhile pulling some of the surrounding goblins just to pass the time. I even tried clearing out the entire circular area surrounding these rooms (everything north of -200 on the map), but that was too much effort. I finally figured out that the simplest way to do it, was to sit in the Blazing Elemental pit ITSELF, and wait for the BEs to spawn. They would immediately aggro on me, and my fire pet (sitting there waiting with me) would beat them to dust in a few seconds. One of the reasons I did this was because I could simply sit there meditating, and I'd read a book, so I wasn't bored. (Even killing green goblins over and over got tedious.) The mobs would spawn, I'd move away a few steps, and my Jobaner would kill them. The other reason was, given enough time, Blazing Elementals will cast a fire shield on themselves JUST LIKE YOUR FIRE PET, and their shield is JUST AS STRONG. My level 38 fire pet (from my 44 spell) nearly died the first time it fought a Blazing Elemental, because of the fire shield it had (my pet hit so much it was beating ITSELF to death). So I had to quickly sit, memorize Nullify Magic, and dispel the BE's fire shield. Sure I probably could have just nuked it, but...

If you sit in the BE pit itself, the BEs will aggro on you before they can shield themselves, and your pet will have absolutely no trouble disposing of them. The BEs are level 25. The only other threat is the Reckless Efreeti, who is level 28 and spawns near the back of the pit. He is more or less a level 28 generic warrior mob, easily disposed of by my pet. I only saw him once, near the end of my camp, and he had no fire shield, nor did he cast any spells. My pet wiped him out in no time, solo. He dropped the Platinum Armband.



blazing elemental
Name: blazing elemental
Zone: Solusek's Eye (Sol A)
Location: 2-4 random spawns in the pit that runs between (-100, -725) and (-30, -770).
Spawn time: About 19 minutes
Drops: Power of Fire (rare), Bloodstone (common), misc. other debris
Class: Warrior
Level: 25
Hit Points: About 800
Casts: Fire shield (on itself) that does around 25-30 damage. Easily dispelled by Nullify Magic.
Hits for (max): 52 (bash for 10)
Notes: Placeholder for Reckless Efreeti (rare spawn, level 28, not much harder than a Blazing Elemental)
Appearance: Fire elemental
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what I was trying to do is combine a number of Macro's fight.mac the one to camp Dyllin Starsine...parts of the Mage spell macro.....and parts of some cleric Macro's (for healing your pet)

After a few hours of this I failed.....over and over again.

There really is no caster.mac macro so this I think would be helpful to a lot of us casters out there.

Thanks

Everguide
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:00 pm

hmmm

Post by Everguide » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:29 pm

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get this started? And riz dont post the maunal :)

User avatar
rizwank
Huggle Police
Huggle Police
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:

Post by rizwank » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:51 pm

everguide there are enough good examples on the boards to make this easily.. take the dillan one and replace the attack with pet attack then read how the cleric one goes to heal..

Java
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:03 pm

Post by Java » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:19 pm

Was already Working on a Macro for Pet classes.
See i come to the boards to leech Ideas from you people,
Then i work out my Macro in Pseudo-Code.. It's like a Step by Step sorta thing..
Then i work each step one at a time.
When i get something that works, i try to break it.
Then i re-think it for speed and try to break it again,

I must say though I really would like an added ability to put the first 3 results into an Array,
I am satisfied with the alternative i achieved.
Cleric.mac was a combination of others work and modified, thanks to the brilliance of the previous
authors i was able to slap that one out in less then 30 minutes.
Though it could use a few additions, i left those out for others to tweak as they will.

As for Pet classes in EQ, well, i am working on one.
First thing i do is check for the nearest npc.
I filter out the ones that are known to be merchants, or GM's, or a Boat etc.,
Then i filter the remaining results to be within a level range i seek to hunt.
I select a target, and check to see if it's coming closer, or further or standing.
I check if there are other players in a certian range of it.
I check my Pets health, My Health, My Mana, My Buffs, Pets Buffs.. and if all is good
I procede to move within Spelll casting Range.
If the MOB is a warrior, I cast my Spell.
If the MOB is a caster, I send the Pet first.

Balh Blah Balh..
Move back to safe home spot.. Check if safe home spot is no longer safe using same method i used
to aquire the target.
If safe i go there and Med up, heal, or whatever.
If not safe, i move to alternate spot using same method.

Generally im writing it like a bot, But i won't leave it unattended.
Lag and other issues could get me killed.
I also want to add a section for ADDS. Incase of social type mobs that might wander near the Pet
and join in the fun.
It has a long way to go before completion if I could ever be satisfied with it.

Just thought i'd lend the logic here so maybe Instead of trying to write a whole Macro all at once,
it gets a TON easier when you break it down into smaller pieces.

BTW. When my macro is done, don't expect to see it posted here.
Chances are i'd have gotten it to the point of a Walk-Away.. and thats really not something i think people
should come here to look for.

Just the same i wish you Luck Everguide :)
My perception is my reality.

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/][img]http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/illusion.jpg[/img][/url]