Weird Binding Bug

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Weird Binding Bug

Post by Amadeus » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:50 am

Well, I messed with this a lot last night and couldn't fix it to save my life. What's going on is that for some reason "foward" is mapped to my ESCAPE key (along with cancel target). So, each time I hit ESCAPE I'm moving forward and cancelling target.

I tried everything I could think of, I cancelled all my secondary bindings, I did a /binddump and looked for something mapped to ESCAPE (or *anything* using forward). Even tried hitting the "reset to default mapping" on the options.

I'm using the latest cvs as of last night (I double checked after having problems), and I know it's MQ related because I do not have this problem if I unload MQ. Also, I did not have this problem until yesterday (and changed nothing in my bindings or anything really since this started right when I logged in after the patch.)
---

Anyway, what info do you need to debug this Lax? I could attach a debugger or whatnot, but I'm not sure what would be the best information to determine what is causing this....

Also, while I'm posting, when did they change "foward" to include "stand+forward"?

magictiger
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:24 pm

Post by magictiger » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:26 am

The last patch added the auto-stand thing.

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:33 am

amadeus, just make sure you have this in eqdata.h

Code: Select all

#define nEQMappableCommands 0xB8
(must be 0xB8)

and in MQ2Main.cpp

Code: Select all

	szEQMappableCommands[0xA4]="UNKNOWN0xA4";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xA5]="UNKNOWN0xA5";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xA6]="CHAT_SEMICOLON";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xA7]="CHAT_SLASH";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xA8]="UNKNOWN0xA8";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xA9]="UNKNOWN0xA9";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xAA]="INSTANT_CAMP";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xAB]="UNKNOWN0xAB";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xAC]="UNKNOWN0xAC";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xAD]="CHAT_EMPTY";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xAE]="TOGGLE_WINDOWMODE";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xAF]="UNKNOWN0xAF";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB0]="UNKNOWN0xB0";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB1]="CHANGEFACE";// maybe? something that requires models.
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB2]="UNKNOWN0xB2";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB3]="UNKNOWN0xB3";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB4]="UNKNOWN0xB4";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB5]="UNKNOWN0xB5";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB6]="UNKNOWN0xB6";
	szEQMappableCommands[0xB7]="UNKNOWN0xB7";
That's about all I can tell you... they added a bind, and the above code had to be set correctly to deal with the new bind
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0