Intercepting Text

Need some help with that macro you're working on or aren't quite sure how to get your macro to do something? Ask here!

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

jasper
decaying skeleton
decaying skeleton
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:26 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Intercepting Text

Post by jasper » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:53 pm

If I wanted to intercept a line of text from a channel or a tell (preferrably a tell) and then send a reply tell or a tell to the person asking me something, how would I do this? For example:

Somenoob_001 tells you, 'Hi'

If "Hi" is a part of the text (not equal, but a part of) then do a function and then send a reply "Hi" tell to Somenoob_001.

I would want this to set and wait for each line of text to find out if people say hi or not. Why am I doing this you ask? DKP function to take a value out of my DKP ini file from the program I developed and then send them a value.

GeoffreyF67
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:07 pm

Post by GeoffreyF67 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:32 pm

Code: Select all

#event test "Test"
SUB MAIN
  :loop
  /doevents
  /goto :loop  
/RETURN

Sub Event_test
  /echo It worked
/return
G-Man