$searchspawn(npc,x,y,z)

Need some help with that macro you're working on or aren't quite sure how to get your macro to do something? Ask here!

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Falco72
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:24 am

$searchspawn(npc,x,y,z)

Post by Falco72 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:33 am

It seems I cant find the sintax to use in the $searchspawn() command to make a search in a given spot passing it the X, Y and Z values.
I have tried to use

Code: Select all

$searchspawn(npc,x:100,y:100,z:100,radius:100)
(where the value 100 it is only an example) but I always get back zero even when I know that in that given spot there is a npc. I am sure I am making a mistake but I cant find where.
Thanks you.

Xecros
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:24 am

Post by Xecros » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:07 am

I've never used this command but i think you do not need the, "x:", or "y:" or "z:" or "radius:" in your argument. write it like this

$searchspawn(npc,100,100,100,100)

If you want to target a specific spawn in a specific place, why not target it using the spawn id?

Falco72
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:24 am

Post by Falco72 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:13 am

No Xecros, my need was that I need to know how many mobs are in a given loc. Anyway the right code is:

Code: Select all

$searchspawn(npc,loc:X:Y,radius:100)
It wasnt working because the c++ code wasnt in the MQ source. Now it works as intended.
If you want see why I need it, look at this thread http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3963