Has anyone been banned recently from using MQ?

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Smoek
decaying skeleton
decaying skeleton
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:06 am

Has anyone been banned recently from using MQ?

Post by Smoek » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:09 am

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard about anyone being banned recently from using macroquest? Can Sony detect MQ now?

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Post by Amadeus » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:59 am

If this question enters your mind, and concerns you, then you should not be using MacroQuest.

Do NOT use MacroQuest unless you're 100% willing to take the consequences of getting caught. If people get banned for MQ (which I think is rare), then they usually don't post here because they know most of us don't give a damn :)

Wishbringer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:00 am

Post by Wishbringer » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:22 am

Most ppl I know using MQ don't care about banning...

Reason is:
We played EQ alot... up to 6 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, and that since beginning 1999.
We are not anymore satisfied with EQ "as is"!

To make EQ more "enjoyable" we use tools like MQ and/or SEQ...
If we don't have this tools we wouldn't play EQ anymore and switch over to another game,
regardless how many lvl65 chars are on our accounts (for example: have 6 65er on 3 accounts, 2 on each).

So if SoE starts banning, would be fine, takes off me the decission to leave EQ *grin*

sidenote:
I am one of the ppl who used /click alot for tradeskills too!
Not for making pp, thats annoying... no, but after i finished my first char with all tradeskills at 200 without /click i was too bored to try it again on another char.
And tradeskills are a MUST to get some decent quest items (eg. prayershawl and now planar armor)...
So /click macros to skillup were a legit thing for me... i spent enough pp into this skills, why should i spend a huge amount of time too again? And health of my fingers too?

/click macros werent necessary if SoE decides to make stacks working... put in 5 stacks of 20 pieces in eg. and get 20 chances to raise skill and up to 20 resulting items...

Smoek
decaying skeleton
decaying skeleton
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:06 am

Wishbringer

Post by Smoek » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:51 pm

I agree with you Wishbringer, the main thing i want to use macroquest for is to help with annoying tasks like clicking my epic and kick, switching out primal when avatar wears off etc. I think EQ should work on it's frontend to allow some simple macros to be made like i talk about...

eqjoe
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by eqjoe » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:38 pm

Put epic icon in user slot 2 .... /press 2 .. epic casts. kick is usually setup at /ability 7 (8 or 9) depending where to put the user button.


Say you have gaunts that have a right click proc.... click your gaunts until you have the "detached icon". Put it in your user hotkey slot 2. That is the top right of your users hotkeys. Press 2. If it casts (like its is suppost to) use /press 2 in your macro.

No need for click.

Wishbringer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:00 am

Post by Wishbringer » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:39 am

@eqjoe:
most things (except tradeskills) are doable without /click, sure
your example is quite good, but nearly all ends up in pressing 3 or for hotkeys as soon as abilities becomes available.
That what i want is a basic autofight:
face enemy, stay in range, use kick, bash (slam), taunt, disarm, even begging to increase aggro, let palys yaulp, when buff wears off and so on...
switching primal for avatar proc would be nice too...

with that described macro a i never had problem to loose aggro like some warriors ingame have... no dead chanters or wizzies

and meanwhile giving commands to other ppl in group/raid, chat, concentrate on strategy of fight...
without MQ impossible atm except you want to hold your fingers over the first 4 or 5 hotbuttons and press them when needed... that i dont understand under extensive gameplay and enjoyment. *grin*

User avatar
vzmule
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:56 pm

Post by vzmule » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:21 pm

I use MQ to enhance EverQuest. If I could see what NPCS were up in a zone and the distance restriction on /target was made realistic in EQ I would have no reason to use any outside programs.

At this point, I've played for years and have spent way more time that I should playing EQ. If I got one of my accounts with my main 65s on them banned, it would give me a reason to quit EQ and play another game casually.

So, to answer the initial poster's question: No, I haven't heard of anyone being banned/suspended recently from using MQ, but don't use it unless you are prepared in case it does happen. I personally wouldn't care at this point.

TheColonel
of what?
of what?
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: Golden, CO
Contact:

Post by TheColonel » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:42 am

I don't need drugs to enjoy the fireworks, but to enchance them.
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for EQ.
-==(UDIC)==-

zedisdeadbaby
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:24 pm

Post by zedisdeadbaby » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:41 am

Still, it's nice to know what your odds are of being banned.

I'd be willing to guess that since the userbase is so low right now your odds are pretty good if you don't do anything stupid.
Amadeus wrote:If this question enters your mind, and concerns you, then you should not be using MacroQuest.

Lane
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:57 am

Post by Lane » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:20 am

I almost wish I would get banned. Maybe then I could get back to RL and quit this damn game.

-Lane

zedisdeadbaby
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:24 pm

Post by zedisdeadbaby » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:08 am

I was secretly hoping that too last december. :(


Lane wrote:I almost wish I would get banned. Maybe then I could get back to RL and quit this damn game.

-Lane

Mckorr
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Mckorr » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:45 am

I don't think I've actually played in months. Spend my time working on MQ instead :)