questions.

Help section from before the user variable changes that broke all macros

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Malachi
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:29 am
Contact:

questions.

Post by Malachi » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:36 pm

Here's a couple q's I have really fast.

~First, can MQ read from its log file? I'm thinking of the way xylo reads the eqlog that's generated when you start /log command. I'll explain this more in a second.

~Secondly, is there a way to remove the specific npc from the hunter scripts? For example, maybe I want it to target *any* mob in the zone from -4 to -1 of my toon, regardless of who it is. I tried removing the "bat" (for example) from the end of the alert, and then it was just without target. Would that be something like /target npc any ($char(level)-4) ($char(level)-1) or whatever?

Here''s what I'm thinking. It would be easy it have MQ dump a list of *all* npc's within the range to the log file, preferably just the first example of each one. (Like if "large thicket rat" came up 15 times, it would only add it to the list ONCE). Additionally, it would filter out words like "large" and "a" because we're only listing mobs w/i the range so we don't have to worry about mis-targets. Then, if it could parse this file and auto add alerts for each type of mob listed, you would largely eliminate the need for specific zone.mac's for each individual zone. Also, instead of avoid locs, just set it to never go w/i say 200 of any mob +1 or higher, again easy to add to probably a second log file and parse into alerts. It would take a little processing time at zone-in, but think of how much easier it would be?

If anyone wants to work on this w/ me, please do...as we all I know I suck at coding. :)

Also, if it's possible to do what I asked in the second question above, this idea is largely mute w/ the exception of avoiding nasties. :)

Thanks fo' yo' time, and happy new year.

~malachi
~Oh danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling.~

Malachi
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:29 am
Contact:

hey darnit

Post by Malachi » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:17 am

Hey....I know someone can answer this post. Lol.

Q. What's brown and sticky?
A. A Stick!


~malachi
~Oh danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling.~

User avatar
L124RD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:15 am
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Post by L124RD » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:56 am

Salutations,
I have to agree, rtfm... the answer is 'yes'... locking...