Feat Req: /Who Distance

A forum for feature requests/discussions and user submitted patches that improve MQ2

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

LordGiddion
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:12 pm
Contact:

Feat Req: /Who Distance

Post by LordGiddion » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:26 pm

I'd like to see an option to filter /target to mobs within a certain distance of the character.

And/Or an Option to Sort the /target so you target the closest matching mob.

-LrdG

User avatar
auth
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:47 am

Post by auth » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:29 pm

That's how it is already... to target closest matching mob, just type in /target mobname... to target at a distance use the radius tag (it's on the documentation)...
Auth - "If it isn't broke, let VI patch it"

User avatar
ap50
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:29 pm

Post by ap50 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:30 pm

/who npc radius 9999 (or whatever distance required).
[color=yellow][size=92][b]Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you![/b][/size][/color]

kagonis
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat May 24, 2003 8:48 pm

Post by kagonis » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:35 pm

Hmm, the radius optin is limited in 1 way though, it matches at up to the specified distance.
I wouldnt mind being able to give a minimum distance, as well as a maximum distance, perhaps a bit like the range option for levels.

LordGiddion
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:12 pm
Contact:

Post by LordGiddion » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:52 am

I've done some testing on this, does not target the closest matching mob. /who seems to list mobs in order of distance but go to WK, /target npc bear, run to the bear you have targeted, You will pass many other bears on your way there.

-LrdG

User avatar
grimjack
Macro Author
Macro Author
Posts: 525
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:51 am
Contact:

Post by grimjack » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:05 am

LordGiddion wrote:I've done some testing on this, does not target the closest matching mob. /who seems to list mobs in order of distance but go to WK, /target npc bear, run to the bear you have targeted, You will pass many other bears on your way there.

-LrdG
I'm not saying you are wrong but this isn't really an accurate test. Due to the fact that mobs move and are constantly spawning in the game, what was the closest mob 1 second ago may not be the closest mob now. By the time you run to the mob, any number of new bears could have spawned closer to you or any number of bears could have moved closer to you.

Thanks
GrimJack
When they come to me, they're in trouble, or they want some. I bust people out of prison, hunt down vampires, fight alien gods -- All the fun jobs people are too squeamish or too polite to do themselves.

Call me a mercenary. Call me an assassin. Call me a villain. I am all that and more.

My name's John Gaunt, but out on the streets of Cynosure, I am called...
GrimJack

LordGiddion
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:12 pm
Contact:

Post by LordGiddion » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:39 am

Well in this case I've seen conditions where there are visible bears on the screen and the one /target chooses is on the other end of the zone - and in WK that's a big difference in distance. Just try running Hunter.mac in WK and you'll see what I'm takling about.


-LrdG