Rope bridle horse 8.3 to 9.5K
This horse is slower then jboots or even innate run 3 - This horse is only good for casters to keep from getting aggro while still being able to med during a fight. A horse is a must-have in the planes IMHO.
(Prices assume charisma of 104 or higher)
Tan bridle horse 27.3 to 31.5K
This is the one horse I've never purchased and no friends did either but I'm assuming its around Spirit of the Wolf (+35%) speed.
Silken bridle horse 60.9K to 65.1k
My wizard had this horse and this baby not only saved my life a number of times, but when there were no druids or bards around, I was still able to run through most outdoor zones and not worry to hard about aggro catching up to me.
Chain bridle horse 95.5 to 103.9k
This is the horse I have now, and what can I say? awesome! while I still dont run as fast as a 46 bard with the best drum in hand, I still go fast enough to impress the hell out of me.
Horse drawbacks:
The first thing you're going to notice is the "speed up" time. This is only really a problem when a mob is on you.. It means you have to take 2-4 extra hits where perhaps with sow you'd have only taken 1, but if you have one of the top 3 horses, you're going to get away in most cases.
You have to hit F9 once to get that stupid horse head out of your view - you'll get used to it.
Stopping is a pain: you gallop down. Its like landing a 757 on wet pavement. One trick I've found that works well is to get close to your desination and remove the horse (click the winged boot) and studdenly you're standing still :-)
It sucks that the white and black horses cost more then the tan and brown horses, but taste is up to you. White matched my armour so it was worth the extra 8k.
Trade ups:
Inside the stable where you buy these horses in the bazaar, there are 4 dudes standing next to horse pens. These guys each take 1 horse color in trade for a platnum bag. They will give you about 66% of your money for the horse in the form of a bag, you sell this bag to any merchant.

