Get the latest from CVS!

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Get the latest from CVS!

Post by dont_know_at_all » Fri May 02, 2003 12:03 am

memcheck3 was wrong.

Stupid disassembler:

// bah - 83 /1 ib OR r/m16,imm8 r/m16 OR imm8 (sign-extended)
// sign extended!!!!!!!!!!!!

// 004F4ABD: 83 C8 FF or eax,0FFh

should be

or eax, 0FFFFFFFFh

deda
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:40 pm

Post by deda » Fri May 02, 2003 6:30 am

great work, grabbed the latest CVS source and compiled it with vc 6 using nmake and guess what ??

MY PING TROUBLE IS GONE !!!!

WOOT.

Homer
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by Homer » Fri May 02, 2003 11:32 am

I have DX9 installed, so is it better for me to use dinput.h from dx9sdk or should I still use the one from dx8.1sdk?
[/img]

EqMule
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:57 pm
Contact:

great job

Post by EqMule » Fri May 02, 2003 12:28 pm

thanks for not giving up on that bug! :)
My status o/
If you like MQ2 and would like to contribute, please do. My goal is 25 donations per month.
So far I've received Image donations for this month's patches.

Bitcoin: 1Aq8ackjQ4f7AUvbUL7BE6oPfT8PmNP4Zq
Krono: PM me.
I can always use characters for testing, PM me if you can donate one.

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by dont_know_at_all » Fri May 02, 2003 1:01 pm

Homer wrote:I have DX9 installed, so is it better for me to use dinput.h from dx9sdk or should I still use the one from dx8.1sdk?
In theory, the dx9.0 sdk is backwards compatibible with dx8.X sdk. So, the structure we use should be the same in either file.

Mckorr
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Mckorr » Fri May 02, 2003 1:54 pm

I've been using the DX9 files for a while, won't cause problems.

Homer
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by Homer » Sat May 03, 2003 8:37 pm

I got a bug about 1-1.5 weeks ago when the structures changed in spawninfo, and it didnt go away by updating from CVS:

When I do a /who on someone that is not in zone, or /who druid and no druids in zone, then I immediately crash, and always have active character awhile.

TheColonel
of what?
of what?
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: Golden, CO
Contact:

Post by TheColonel » Sat May 03, 2003 9:01 pm

/grovel, I was just avoiding PoK and the Bazaar... Thanks so much...
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for EQ.
-==(UDIC)==-

eqjoe
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by eqjoe » Sat May 03, 2003 11:53 pm

Homer wrote:I got a bug about 1-1.5 weeks ago when the structures changed in spawninfo, and it didnt go away by updating from CVS:

When I do a /who on someone that is not in zone, or /who druid and no druids in zone, then I immediately crash, and always have active character awhile.
Try a new source tree, make sure you have the correct *.ini files. Rebuild and give it a try. It sounds like you have a problem with MQ.h or eqgame.ini.