Page 1 of 1
Checking for PC in range...
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:43 am
by Pickled
Is there anyway to check for a PC in radius/range without using the /target nopcnear...
eg. I already have a target, and still want to check for pc in radius *without retargetting* using nopcnear.
Re: Checking for PC in range...
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:24 am
by z-roice
Pickled wrote:Is there anyway to check for a PC in radius/range without using the /target nopcnear...
eg. I already have a target, and still want to check for pc in radius *without retargetting* using nopcnear.
/if ${NearestSpawn[pc radius 50].ID} - checks for pcs around you iwithin radius 50 .. dont have to change target for that
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:01 pm
by bushdaka
Any idea if someone wanted to find the nearest pet in range how that might be accomplished? I guess maybe searching for 'pet' in the name? Of course a lot of false positives would result from that I guess.
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:13 am
by Pickled
/target pet radius xxx
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:24 am
by blueninja
Replace "pc" with "pet" in z-roice's example.
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:33 pm
by anon_coward
I've had trouble using radius in spawn searches. As soon as I add a "radius ##" it returns no spawns. If I exclude that part it works fine. The only way I get any matches is if I set radius to some absurdly large value like "radius 10000". Anyone else having problems with this?
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:37 pm
by dont_know_at_all
Try using Spawn and not NearestSpawn.
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:31 am
by polanski
When i try using
/if ${NearestSpawn[pc radius 50].ID}
or
/if ${Spawn[pc radius 50].ID}
It will always be true because of my char being nearest PC and always under 50 range =/.
How should I change it to so it check others PC but not me? !${ME} && radius 50?? tried but wont work =/
Thx in advance
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:02 am
by dman
One of the spawn search parameters is notid, and your char has a spawn id.
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:00 am
by Night Hawk
${NearestSpawn[1, pc radius 50].ID} is you
${NearestSpawn[2, pc radius 50].ID} is not you
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:55 am
by polanski
Thx nighthawk =) working great now =)