Alert bug?
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:59 am
Howdy-
Have a possible bug with alerts and PC targets. Say I want to locate the nearest PC who isn't in my alert list. (Trying to buff a group of people, whomever is within range). The following is an excerpt from my code thus far:
However, with code like that, after we get done with the absolute nearest person, target gives us Which, obviously enough, doesn't work all that well.
If I change the retarget line to I don't get the bug, but I can also end up with an NPC target, and I really don't need to be wasting my mana on guards...
For the record, I do get the error as well if I use.
(Range on GoM and Insight is 100locs, on Clarity its 200locs - checking on 85 just in case they are moving - most people tend to stop when a buff lands on them)
Any thoughts anyone?
Have a possible bug with alerts and PC targets. Say I want to locate the nearest PC who isn't in my alert list. (Trying to buff a group of people, whomever is within range). The following is an excerpt from my code thus far:
Code: Select all
/alert clear 1
/target pc
/goto :CheckDistance
:Retarget
/target pc noalert 1
:CheckDistance
/if n $target(range)>85 /goto :NoMoreInRange
/cast "Gift of Magic"
/delay 55
/cast Insight
/delay 47
/cast Clarity
/delay 35
/alert add 1 $target(name)
/goto :Retarget
:NoMoreInRange
/endCode: Select all
There are no '' around here.If I change the retarget line to
Code: Select all
/target noalert 1For the record, I do get the error as well if I use
Code: Select all
/alert add pc $target(name)(Range on GoM and Insight is 100locs, on Clarity its 200locs - checking on 85 just in case they are moving - most people tend to stop when a buff lands on them)
Any thoughts anyone?