Page 1 of 1
Ini file entry cashes crash
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:55 pm
by JamieD
I have an entry in an ini file which I'm reading.
This entry causes Everquest to crash when I run my macro.
I believe the problem is related to the '-' character as this is the only entry with one in, and the only one I'm having problems with.
Is this a bug or am I being stupid!?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:56 pm
by Lax
interesting. could be.
note: if it is, it's beyond our control and we would have to write our own INI file functions to actually correct the problem
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:09 pm
by Drumstix42
I dunno... ever open up eqclient.ini?
I found a few dashes:
Code: Select all
Camera1-Distance=30.000000
Camera1-DirHeading=192.000000
Camera1-Heading=0.000000
Camera1-Pitch=0.000000
Camera1-Height=5.000000
Camera1-Zoom=90.000000
Camera1-Change=1
Camera2-Distance=82.000000
Camera2-DirHeading=277.000000
Camera2-Heading=0.000000
Camera2-Pitch=0.000000
Camera2-Height=18.000000
Camera2-Zoom=90.000000
Camera2-Change=1
*EDIT* The one thing I don't see in eqclient.ini are any spaces in variable names.
Doh!
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:27 pm
by JamieD
Sorry,
Think I may have jumped to conclusions.
I have quite a long ini file (just under 5K), I split it into two and it seems to work fine.
Will have to do more tests to check whats going on.
Anyone know of any probs with long ini files?
Thanks
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:58 am
by Drumstix42
Well I know for one thing, some programs that read text files have like a limit to be able to scroll horizontally. Some programs auto put it on th next line, display it funky, or you just can access end of the line without htting enter and making it go down to the next line. Not sure... but maybe this may be the case with whatever reads the INIs in EQ.
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:45 pm
by lowjack
I think you are thinking of a windows 95/98/Me limitation.
If you are using the standard tools to read from ini,inf, hmm something else also.
you are limited to reading and writing 128 characters per line and 54000 file size total.
2000/XP/2003 addressed this limitation.
Basically think of it as: If your ini file opens fine in notepad using windows 95/98/Me you have this limitation in effect, however it should work fine with MQ2 then.
Edit... "fine" refinement..
by fine I mean nothing gets put on the next line indicating you extended the 128 character per line limitation, or the file wanting to open in wordpad instead which indicates the file is over 54000 on the file size.
End Edit ....
So in short, I do not think its a file size problem.