Page 1 of 1

Captions with Lvl/Class

Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:56 pm
by dok
Wasn't quite sure where to put this as it doesn't quite fit in with Macros or UI, but is too simple to be a macro, so its here ;)

My Captions that shows level and class


/showname 1 :
*(Name) AFK LD LFG

/showname 2 :
*(Name) AFK LD LFG
[Lvl Class]

/showname 3 :
Trader *(Name) AFK LD LFG <GuildName>*
[Lvl Class]

/showname 4 :
Trader AATitle *(Name) Surname AFK LD LFG <GuildName>*
[Lvl Class]

NPC (Merchant with surname):
# - >> Name - ##%<<
<Surname>

NPC (Mob/merchant w/o surname):
# - >> Name - ##%<<
[Lvl Class]

Pet (NPC):
# - >> Name - ##%<<
[Lvl Class]

Pet (PC):
# - >> Name - ##%<<
(Owner)


* in front of name means group leader. * in back of guild name means officer or leader.


EDIT:
Added AA tags. Just took what Lax had in the default since I and my partner dont have these abilities and I dont look at the mobs name during raids much. Only added to the NPC's



[Captions]
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader},*,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader},*,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}\n[${NamingSpawn.Level} ${NamingSpawn.Class}]
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader},*,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length}, <${NamingSpawn.Guild}>${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},*,]},]}\n[${NamingSpawn.Level} ${NamingSpawn.Class}]
Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AARank},${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader},*,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length}, <${NamingSpawn.Guild}>${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},*,]},]}\n[${NamingSpawn.Level} ${NamingSpawn.Class}]
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}\n${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, <${NamingSpawn.Surname}>,[${NamingSpawn.Level} ${NamingSpawn.Class}]]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}\n${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},(${NamingSpawn.Master}),[${NamingSpawn.Level} ${NamingSpawn.Class}]]}

Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:02 pm
by bob_the_builder
Will your custom NPC display still use group leader aa ability?

For example the >> << and the #% LAA'??

If not si there a way to incorporate Group LAA's and custom captions?

Bob

Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:31 pm
by Lax
leadership aa's are added for next zip. working out some other issues currently.

Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:50 pm
by Drumstix42
How would your Mob line show up on someone like a banker who is already:

NPC Name
(Banker)


Just wondering :roll:

Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:03 pm
by Lax
I can tell you that the Surname for that type of NPC is (Banker) so his NPC line will show that instead of the level/class

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:39 pm
by Drumstix42
Would it be possible (Since I don't think you can have 3 lines) to have some IF statements thrown somewhere so instead of showing full class name like the long friggen:

Shadowknight

... along the players caption,

have it show custom abbreviations

such as:

SK or SHD

not quite sure how to do this if possible.

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:44 pm
by magictiger
I'd guess it'd be something along the lines of ${NamingSpawn.Class.ShortName}

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:47 pm
by Drumstix42
Ah is that what shortname means :lol:

I was thinking something else. Thank you :)

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:26 pm
by jaq
Cool stuff. thanks.

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:39 pm
by Drumstix42
I just made my captions for those without guilds, it would show [Lvl Class]

Useful for recruiting acctually :)

Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:11 am
by fryfrog
I shamelessly used your lvl / class caption for NPCs, thank you very much :)

Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:20 am
by Chill
I like this a lot, except that I miss the LAA abilities. Namely I like being able to see the >> Tank's Target << and mark 1-Adds.

Anyone care to update these captions when those features are available?

Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:24 am
by dok
updated the first post with leader aa stuff for npcs the same way Lax has it in his default settings.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:35 pm
by Chill
copied your new captions into my MacroQuest.ini file, and coppied that out to the main directory for later use.

I am waiting on the latest patch release to test them, but I expect they will work great and just wanted to say thanks.