Page 1 of 1

Bug: MAXFPS in background mode

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:12 pm
by SwiftyMUSE
I have set maxfps to 35fg/2bg. When running EQ normally, it is using the background parameter in foreground mode. I am getting limited to 2fps.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:22 pm
by Lax
Hmm... they must have changed something. When not using EQW, it will use the background parameter 100% of the time.

I'll have to look deeper into this, could be related to their new engine crap

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:26 pm
by SwiftyMUSE
Just some more info... I don't use EQW and normally not windowed mode within EQ. I am using full-screen mode. Prior to this most recent patch for the 3/16 dated eqgame, it would work as I stated. FG for when active and BG for when I minimized the game (out of focus).

Thanks for looking at this... right now, i just set the FG and BG parameters the same for maxfps.

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:20 pm
by shuttle
I am seeing the same thing.

my defaults are 60 FG / 5 BG. I set BG to 60 and I get my normal frame rate. The FG and BG are not reversed. and setting FG to any setting has no effect.

shuttle

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:35 pm
by Lax
note what i said ..
Hmm... they must have changed something. When not using EQW, it will use the background parameter 100% of the time.

I'll have to look deeper into this, could be related to their new engine crap
This can be read as "If anyone posts after this and says 'i also see this problem', they are useless"

You can get around the problem by using EQW. I'm going to lock this thread because nothing anyone says can possibly help, I'll reply after it's solved.