Page 1 of 1

Possible bug?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:21 am
by RaidNazi
When you right click multiple items, EQ only opens 4 item windows before it starts replacing content in the 4th window. MQ2Item display doesnt show any additional information in the 4th window once EQ has refreshed that window with a new item.

Bug? Or is this just a side effect of how EQ refreshes the content in that 4th window?

I only noticed it cos I was trying to find items in the bazzar with tribute values vastly exceeding thier current retail cost, which involed rightclicking a smeg of a lot of items..

Re: Possible bug?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:02 am
by eqsolro
I can“t debugg - but maybe its easyer to use a tribute list ;) ? ...

http://www.rpgexpert.com/1349.html

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:11 am
by MacroFiend
I'm talking out my arse here but I believe this situation exists because we are detouring the initial window creation. Once you reach that 4th window, EQ doesn't close and reopen the first, it recycles the existing window. Since it doesn't destroy the window and re-create it, our detour isn't called. This has been the way of those windows for quite some time (maybe since MQ2ItemInfo was introduced).

Is this something we could fix? I'm sure it is.
Would it be more trouble than it's worth to fix? Possibly.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:23 am
by Mckorr
Correct MF. And where ya been, haven't seen you here in a while :)

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:44 pm
by Lax
Actually we're detouring the SetItem and SetSpell functions not the actual creation... These are the functions that set up the STML that gets displayed in the window. That being said, I have no idea why the display doesn't work when it starts reusing windows.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:59 pm
by seph_yaro
Kind of offtopic, but the entwood mace is a good one for tribute burning. sells for about 5k, and tributes for 18830