Page 1 of 1

Telnet broke?

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:04 am
by wardave
I went into all of this, and its still not working. Also yea the *** is my info blanked out =)

Telnet Server

Enabling
You must enable the telnet server in macroquest.ini's [Telnet Server] section.
Set Enabled=1 and set a valid Port=###
Also, please set a "Welcome=message" and definitely a private "Password=junk"


[Telnet Server]
; port = 0 off, else put the port number here
Port=23
; localonly boolean -- supposedly does a get peer name to compare address
; but you must use the hostname not 127.0.0.1 or localhost when connecting
LocalOnly=0
Welcome=Successful login. Welcome to my undergroud lair.
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

[Users]
;username=password
*****=******
[Telnet Server]
Enabled=1
LocalOnly=0
Port=23
Welcome=telnet server
Password=******

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:47 am
by bob_the_builder
Its a plugin in now (MQ2telnet.dll) , so the INI section has been moved to ... MQ2telnet.ini


I believe it was stated that the macroquest.ini just keeps the info cause it hasn't been removed.

Bob

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:05 pm
by wardave
Like I posted above this is my mq2telnet.ini


;**********************************************************************
; for use with the telnet server plugin -- mq2telnet
;**********************************************************************
[Telnet Server]
; port = 0 off, else put the port number here
Port=23
; localonly boolean -- supposedly does a get peer name to compare address
; but you must use the hostname not 127.0.0.1 or localhost when connecting
LocalOnly=0
Welcome=Successful login. Welcome to my undergroud lair.
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

[Users]
;username=password
someusername=somepass

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:28 pm
by bob_the_builder
Actually what you posted was:
You must enable the telnet server in macroquest.ini's [Telnet Server] section
If it is in your MQ2telnet.ini then it surely did not seem that way as you posted.


Make sure the plugin is loaded. /plugins I believe checks it.

Try a telnet from the same machine running EQ, make sure somethign isn't blocking on the hub/switch

Try telnet into localhost, ip, or machine name (each seperate tries) maybe you have a name resolution problem.

Maybe try a different port? somethign over 1025 just to make sure 23 isn't blocked.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:58 pm
by wardave
It just tells me Couldn't parse '/plugins' Guess I should RTFM some more.

[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2telnet=mq2telnet
If I loaded is like in the red would that work?

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:01 pm
by ml2517
I think it is:
/plugin list

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:13 pm
by wardave
Cool man that worked thanks for the help. =)