Page 1 of 1
Inventory-caused CTD Problems with the 12/25 update?
Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:21 am
by gn0m3
Is anyone else having these?
I'm CTDing whenever I:
1) Click anything in my inventory.
2) Run a macro that has anything to do with my inventory.
I'm happy to debug this myself, but I'm having trouble knowing how to start, and as you guys well know debugging CTD problems can be annoying since they require between 2 and 10 minutes everytime you cause one.
If it helps (I doubt it), I recently switched from 1024x768 to 1600x1200. I have since reopened and closed all my bags and inventory, though (and the problem occurs at 1024x768 anyway).
If anyone has any ideas on where to start debugging, I'd be grateful. Thanks for any help you guys can give!
Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:38 pm
by gn0m3
Removing inventory support from MacroQuest.ini temporarily has fixed the problem, but that's obviously a quick fix. Anyway, I slotted today to work on some macros.
...
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:58 pm
by gn0m3
This is still happening.
As a temporary fix, I deleted mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay from my macroquest.ini file.
However, I am still CTDing:
1) whenever I run a macro that sells to or buys from merchants
2) whenever I zone (very annoying)
3) occasionally when I right-click an item
I am NOT expecting anyone to simply fix this, obviously. I'm just wondering:
1) if anyone else is having similar problems
2) if anyone has any advice for me in debugging these problems? One thing that would be helpful is some sort of better logging. Right now it's unclear exactly WHAT is causing EQ to CTD and if I knew, I'd have an easier time pinpointing the problem.
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:04 pm
by ml2517
I think they already have this fixed on the dev cvs from what I was hearing in IRC. Just sit tight til the zip is updated.
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:35 pm
by dont_know_at_all
Can I have some of your drugs?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:27 pm
by gn0m3
Okay, good to know that I'm not alone. However, I don't want to just sit on my ass -- I want to be helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions about what logs I can check for info on what is causing the crash?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:33 pm
by dont_know_at_all
You are alone. Give up hope.
No one else is seeing this crash. ML is on drugs.
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:36 pm
by gn0m3
=(
I can't tell if you're being serious.. are you? If so, I will be more proactive about solving the problem
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:41 pm
by ml2517
Gah sorry this is the issue I thought he was talking of:
http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4724
PS: Not on drugs but very sleepy. I'm at work after all.
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:57 pm
by dont_know_at_all
What problem?
1. Click the Search item at the top of the page.
2. Type in "How to debug"
3. Click the ALL words button then search
4. Profit!
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:02 pm
by ml2517
The Debugger Gnomes?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:03 pm
by vzmule
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:09 pm
by dont_know_at_all
dkp == debugger knome points