Page 1 of 1

Um, i read the red link but....

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:17 am
by mekaniak
Well, i compiled MQ2 on nov 23rd or 24th (it was the first update after the patch) on my home computer, and it compiled fine. But now that I'm at school (10 hours later roughly) and I it locks up when building the main .dll. Maybe I read over what I need to do, but i did read the link. Both computers are using the same version of visual studio 6. Any thoughts? BTW, if you ware gonna flame, at least point me in the right direction, even if its back to the red link. followed all 6 or however many steps there are, too. Well, I have on all my past compiles at least.

EDIT: Changed compile dates.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:51 am
by Mckorr
Did you run MQ2Auth on your current machine to generate the necessary header files? You have to do that for every machine you are gonna play on. Sounds like the compiler is not finding auth1 and auth2.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:59 am
by mekaniak
yup, ran mq2auth on it.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:03 am
by Mckorr
Delete your source and get a clean copy. Run MQ2Auth and then try compiling again. Sometimes for some unknown reason you don't get a good copy and it just doesn't work.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:35 pm
by mekaniak
ok, I deleted everything. I re-downloaded it and ran MQ2Auth...When I go to make the .dll file it starts compiling everything but once it gets to mq2utilities.cpp it just hangs up. I cant stop the compile and I cant close visual studio unless i alt+ctrl+delete and end process. Should I try reinstalling Visual Studio? Its the only left I can think of.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:01 am
by Lax
actually this issue is fixed in cvs but not in zip, you need to remove the pre-link build step that dkaa put in there :)

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:54 am
by dont_know_at_all
You keep saying that but I don't believe it.