Page 1 of 1

Portal book/stone Request

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:49 pm
by Zxeses
Obviously /click would need to be fully fixed before this command would be useful, however I'd like to have it added to the menu now just in case someone has a chance.


I would like to request a /ports command that lists only portal type items. Stones, Books, Gems, etc..

(POK for stones, any newbie zone for books, and Surefall Glade or blackburrow for Gems)

/ports target nearest
/face port
$distance(port)
/click port

All these would be very helpfull. Its no big deal to click a book when you are playing 1-2 computers, but try 4-6 and you'll see that getting around could be made much easier for EQ geeks.

I KNOW that you can pre-program with /face locs and /click, but I am hoping for something to use on-the-fly, without knowing locs, while just my characters follow me, I click a book, they know I dissapear so they do a quick look around for a nearby book. If there was one in range (100 feet) they would run to it and click it.

-Zx

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:32 pm
by Mckorr
Do a search, there is a macro in the depot already that will locate and face you towards the nearest PoK book. Then you'd just have to run till you were within range and do a /press u. No click required.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:41 pm
by Zxeses
I found that script you were talking about:

http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... t+pok+book

Usage: /call Door [book]

The only problem is, the POK books are the only things that work. The stones in the POK are skipped, so are the gems. I've tested this by hand, tried variations of all kinds to no avail, I always get turned to a nearby building's door.

The stones are more important since I'm usually starting in the POK going somewhere, getting back is via druid.