$char(gem,xxx) broken?

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Zeus
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:03 am
Contact:

$char(gem,xxx) broken?

Post by Zeus » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:58 pm

Is $char(gem,xxx) partly broken? I've been playing with a macro using it and I get the gem where the spell but it returns the same even if the gem is blurred out (supposed to be returning -2).

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Post by Amadeus » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:26 am

I've posted about this numerous times, but the aspect of it that you're wanting (ie, knowing when the gem is greyed out) is broken perm (at least in its current incarnation).

Some of the new coding approaches might be able to fix it, but if I remember correctly my research indicated that the original way in which this particular feature was coded required offsets that disappeared towards the end of last year.

Valerian
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:29 am

Post by Valerian » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:52 am

Amadeus wrote:... required offsets that disappeared towards the end of last year.
Incorrect... was towards the beginning of this year. *grins*

sorry, in a nitpicky mood this AM :lol:

EqMule
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:57 pm
Contact:

Post by EqMule » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:15 pm

fixed this, and its posted in devs forum
My status o/
If you like MQ2 and would like to contribute, please do. My goal is 25 donations per month.
So far I've received Image donations for this month's patches.

Bitcoin: 1Aq8ackjQ4f7AUvbUL7BE6oPfT8PmNP4Zq
Krono: PM me.
I can always use characters for testing, PM me if you can donate one.