Page 1 of 1

Anyone noticing frequent disconnects when using Macroquest?

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:18 pm
by nimblefoot
This could very well be observor error, but I thought I would at least throw it out there.

Sometimes I don't even make it past the character selection screen. The disconnects also occur randomly after any given length of gameplay. When I didn't use MacroQuest I don't recall ever losing connection more than once a week.

Also - seems that I can let a macro run all night but it almost always disconnects around 6-7pm CST.

My internet connection is stable. It doesn't go down...I just don't know.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, why do /press commands not work alt-tabbed?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:09 pm
by Mckorr
Have you been doing the pre-downloads for Dungeons of Norrath?

A lot of people I know who do not use MQ are having this problem, but only the ones who decided to pre-download DoN. Apparently it has to do with buggy code in there.

Another person logged on after doing that to find 10 levels of exp converted to AA, reducing him from 61 to 51, but with almost 300 AA points.

If you aren't already doing the pre-download, best advice now is don't do it till they fix this.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:06 am
by Wishbringer
LDoN only contains new Zonefiles.
No additional code atm, no different *.dlls or *.exes.

So downloading this files isn't the problem.
Problem is (was) preorder LDoN, this created a flag on account, and this caused a partial deletion of other flags (PoP, Velious, Luclin) with even infos that characters can become higher than level 50.
Should be fixed now.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:27 am
by Kint
might be obvious, but do you have the latest CVS? Also, what kind of disconect: boot to character select, server select, desktop, or to connect screen?

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:05 am
by nimblefoot
It's a boot to the server selection screen after I hit "Ok" to a "Cannot connect to server..and such" message.

I do have the latest cvs. If nobody else has this problem it's not what I originally suspected - SOE somehow detecting and meddling with MQ users.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:39 pm
by Coraz
no.. but often times MQ will stop running macros and i have to log out, retart mq then eq :P