Page 1 of 1

Macroquest help

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:16 am
by swest87
Everytime i try downloading it keeps saying no file package what can i do and what do i need to download to get macroquest to work?

Re: Macroquest help

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:24 am
by ap50
swest87 wrote:what can i do and what do i need to download to get macroquest to work?
Click the Search button, is what.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:54 am
by Jaerin
You need to download the current source from CVS and compile it.

Jaerin

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:57 am
by stigmatine
These guys won't and aren't veryhelpful at all bro, send me a PM and i'll give you step by step directions on how to compile it.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:10 am
by Mckorr
Eh, that's not true stigmatine. I've helped a bunch of folks get it running. I even maintained a seperate distribution for the VC6 crowd for a long time, until DKAA provided the make file.

swest87: Currently MQ is "source only", meaning you can't just download and run it. You have to download and compile the source code, and that means you have to have a copy of either Visual C++ 6.0 (VC6), or Visual C++ .NET (referred to here as either VC.NET or VC7).

I began a project ages ago to port everything over to a freeware compiler, but got sidetracked on fixing other issues and never got very far.

If you have the compiler, I'll try to talk you through the rest.