Page 1 of 1

Get the latest from CVS!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:03 am
by dont_know_at_all
memcheck3 was wrong.

Stupid disassembler:

// bah - 83 /1 ib OR r/m16,imm8 r/m16 OR imm8 (sign-extended)
// sign extended!!!!!!!!!!!!

// 004F4ABD: 83 C8 FF or eax,0FFh

should be

or eax, 0FFFFFFFFh

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:30 am
by deda
great work, grabbed the latest CVS source and compiled it with vc 6 using nmake and guess what ??

MY PING TROUBLE IS GONE !!!!

WOOT.

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:32 am
by Homer
I have DX9 installed, so is it better for me to use dinput.h from dx9sdk or should I still use the one from dx8.1sdk?
[/img]

great job

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:28 pm
by EqMule
thanks for not giving up on that bug! :)

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:01 pm
by dont_know_at_all
Homer wrote:I have DX9 installed, so is it better for me to use dinput.h from dx9sdk or should I still use the one from dx8.1sdk?
In theory, the dx9.0 sdk is backwards compatibible with dx8.X sdk. So, the structure we use should be the same in either file.

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:54 pm
by Mckorr
I've been using the DX9 files for a while, won't cause problems.

Posted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:37 pm
by Homer
I got a bug about 1-1.5 weeks ago when the structures changed in spawninfo, and it didnt go away by updating from CVS:

When I do a /who on someone that is not in zone, or /who druid and no druids in zone, then I immediately crash, and always have active character awhile.

Posted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:01 pm
by TheColonel
/grovel, I was just avoiding PoK and the Bazaar... Thanks so much...

Posted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:53 pm
by eqjoe
Homer wrote:I got a bug about 1-1.5 weeks ago when the structures changed in spawninfo, and it didnt go away by updating from CVS:

When I do a /who on someone that is not in zone, or /who druid and no druids in zone, then I immediately crash, and always have active character awhile.
Try a new source tree, make sure you have the correct *.ini files. Rebuild and give it a try. It sounds like you have a problem with MQ.h or eqgame.ini.