Page 1 of 1

April 8th patch!

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:12 am
by L124RD
Salutations,
Well, it seems that the offset check was changed during the patch (which was obviously gonna happen) There is currently a dev working on it, as well we are working on everything else that we can. ETA of the new offset code is Friday (but this is a flex deadline, I won't promise anything). DO NOT use macroquest until this is back up and this may be why certain offsets are crashing MQ however, I cannot verify this.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:21 pm
by Mckorr
It appears that execution of any MQ commands causes an immediate crash.

In this case, I put a bunch of DebugSpew commands into /charinfo to try and find the place it was breaking on me.
CChatHook::Detour(Debug Spew is being logged to a file.)
CChatHook::Detour(*char name* begins to cast a spell.)
CChatHook::Detour(*char name* begins to cast a spell.)
DetermineWhoFirst: '/charinfo' will try MQ's commands first
And that's where I crashed. So if it's not the new memory checker, it's a problem with CCommandHook.


** edited out the character name

Quick..

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:58 pm
by Malachi
Quick...edit out the char name, killer. ;)

~malachi

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:13 pm
by Mckorr
Okay, I didn't understand that at all Malachi...

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:41 pm
by dont_know_at_all
Here's what to do:

fire up macroquest.
fire up everquest.
attach the debugger to everquest and hit g (or f5)
/who
and it should drop into the debugger.

You should be able to get the line number in eqlib.cpp where it crash assuming that you copied the eqlib.pdb into the macroquest directory.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:57 pm
by Mckorr
Ah, I get it Malachi... sorry, running on very little sleep.

Thanks dkaa, didn't think of that. I usually use checkpoints to narrow things down to a certain subroutine... well, that, and I don't normally compile the debug versions. Guess I should eh?

Never code after two nights of guard duty. Staring at a bunch of airload pallets for 12 hours numbs your brain enough, and when you add lack of sleep....

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:03 pm
by dont_know_at_all
Screw the debug versions, just get the makefile out of cvs.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:46 pm
by Mckorr
Now how am I gonna learn anything if I just download the CVS and type "nmake"?

I learn a lot more by putting the patches and changes in by hand. More practice with the compiler, more time spent trying to understand the code, etc.

Anyway, academic till we figure out how to stop MQ from crashing EQ after this last patch.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:48 pm
by Mckorr
Oh, and Malachi? That wasn't my character name, just someone who happened to be standing near me when I logged on... I might make that mistake with someone else, but I'm certainly not telling SOE who I am 8)

hehe

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:47 am
by Malachi
Hehe, okies. Just tryin to watch your back.

~malachi