Page 3 of 3

Re: Penalty removal or reward increase?

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:58 pm
by EqMule
MacroFiend wrote:They didn't specifically say they were removing the exp penalty ... they said they were increasing the quest rewards.
Yeah, because if they said "We have now brought back newbie startzones to a normal level" it would sound as if they made a mistake in the first place, or tried to cover up the fact that they nerfed exp... And that patch message probably will make people think, "Oh they just increased "quest faction" in the zone, so no use for me to go kill things there, which is what I think they wanted to prevent in the first place... well, we know... we have /zem ...

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:27 am
by Draekz
Quick question, I went to Shadowhaven and tested /echo zem there and it says the zem is 75, not higher like mentioned on here..

is my zem broken or is the zone back to 75, went to a buncha zones but by default they were 75 as it was so hard to tell if the zem is workin or not..i used EQMules code to get the zem feature into my MQ.

Anyway thanks

Draekz

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:41 am
by EqMule
go try it in upper guk or sol A if you dont get 150% in thoose zones your copy of zem is bad somehow... for shadowhaven that seems to change now and then, I will go back and check Ill post my finding here soon. I think they set Zems on the fly, so it wouldnt surprise me if they monitored gained exp and just lower it when they think ppl are exploiting exp or just leveling to fast foor their liking... Shadow haven is bugged in many ways and the pathing there is "horrible", so I was surprised when I saw it was at 100% ... maybe a mistake that they reverted... (probably after reading this thread)

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:45 am
by wassup
Zems I have so far:

Caverns of Despair (SolC): 100%
Torgiran Mines: 85%
Fungus Grove: 75%
Echo Caverns: 80%
Shadowhaven: 10%
Netherbian lair: 80%
Dawnshroud: 75%
Maiden's Eye: 75%
Akheva Ruins: 85%
PoTranquility: 75%
PoNightmares: 119%
PoAir: 119%
PoWater: 119%
PoTimeA&B: 119%

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:17 pm
by Draekz
Hey Wassup, What zem code did you use? Anything from the forums or just something you made yourself?

All the same, if its something off the forum, could u link it? I'll recompile a new copy of MQ to see if it was just something i did wrong.

Thanks!

Draekz

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:49 pm
by wassup
It's in the current CVS.

I didn;t add anything myself, well, not since it was put in the CVS.