Page 20 of 25

Harvest of Druz

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:22 pm
by Libra
Still giving me Harvest of Druzzil spam =(
(level 56)

Re: Harvest of Druz

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:23 am
by Azum
Libra wrote:Still giving me Harvest of Druzzil spam =(
(level 56)
You're going to have to be more specific. Do you have harvest of druzzil? Elaborate on 'spam'.

On an unrelated note, I experienced the mod rod bug for the first time tonight (charges aren't being updated fast enough?), so I'll be looking into reproducing it and fixing it. (Or I'll just be lazy and switch to spell_routines.inc)

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:06 am
by eqaussie
I hadnt had that problem in a while, but it cropped up again a couple of days ago. Almost lost my wand of Impenetrable Force :?

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:45 pm
by Libra
Harvest of Druzzil is a level 62 ability, I am level 57. I don't have it. Spam as in trying to cast it over and over rapidly and not doing anything else.

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:18 pm
by peach
than you need to ask yourself the obvious question:

is harvest of druzzil set to on?

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:42 pm
by Azum
Libra wrote:Harvest of Druzzil is a level 62 ability, I am level 57. I don't have it. Spam as in trying to cast it over and over rapidly and not doing anything else.
Well, you know this macro is designed with lvl 65-70 wizards in mind. However, I see no reason why you'd get any spam like you're describing. When you're in game, type /echo ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Harvest of Druzzil]}

What does it say?

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:15 pm
by Azum
Got the macro and spellcast.inc running about 2x as fast now. Removed alot of small delays I had in place to improve performance (hopefully). Made some tweaks to the interrupt code too, it will actually interrupt spells on time now, if you have checktarget set to do so (dismount or nodismount). I borrowed some of Rusty's ideas, and fixed the mod rod charges issue and hopefully the snare resist problem as well.

Soon as I'm done with my test run, I'll post the update. All is good so far.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:01 am
by Azum
afnuke.mac (first post - updated 10/28)
afnuke.inc (third post - updated 10/28)
afnuke2.inc (seventh post - updated 10/28)
afnuke.txt (eighth post - updated 10/28)
spellcast.inc (updated 10/28)


(10/28) - Updated the macro as well as spellcast.inc - thanks to ideas I stole from Rusty's spell_routines.inc. The interrupt code for spells (if enabled with the checktarget option in your nuke_name.ini) is now much more responsive and accurate. I removed alot of delays from the macro and it runs alot faster now, you have been warned. Snare resist code should work now, but I haven't tested it. The mod rod item charge bug is also fixed. Added alias: /modrod

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:58 am
by eqaussie
Cant remember if i posted this suggestion earlier, and 20 pages is a lot to go thru :)

On caster mobs, have an alternate nuke2, Telaka, Telekin, even Thunder Strike, to cast to try and interrupt casting.

Or if you are really adventurous, if it sees gate spell cast, to abort and try and cast one of the above (if memmed)

Just a thought, <3 this macro lots.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:00 pm
by Kay7
Ooooo that's a good suggestion eqaussie. Though, let's not forget to allow for the use of Thunder Strike to interrupt gates. TS has a wicked blowback that will usually interrupt stun-immune mobs. Low aggro on it too, I can use it safely on raids to help position the mob.

But that's not what I came here for.
I've found a bug with the doassist option. Enabling that option prevents concussion from being cast. It seems to cause the loop to reset itself after the initial nuke. Disabling doassist clears the problem, but it's still a good feature if it does what I think it does (namely, follows MA even if nuke target is not dead). Suggested workaroud: expand the doassist loop to include the concussions.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:37 pm
by Kay7
I just thought of something....

How about a /pause event?
I suppose you could always just interrupt the macro and re-start it as needed, but it would be a nice functionality, and super easy to implement.

The /pause event would simply lock into a loop waiting for a /resume event.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:59 pm
by Azum
Kay7 wrote:I just thought of something....

How about a /pause event?
I suppose you could always just interrupt the macro and re-start it as needed, but it would be a nice functionality, and super easy to implement.

The /pause event would simply lock into a loop waiting for a /resume event.
It's already there. Type /pause.

Or if you're really feeling ambitious, /mqpause.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:00 pm
by Azum
Kay7 wrote:Ooooo that's a good suggestion eqaussie. Though, let's not forget to allow for the use of Thunder Strike to interrupt gates. TS has a wicked blowback that will usually interrupt stun-immune mobs. Low aggro on it too, I can use it safely on raids to help position the mob.

But that's not what I came here for.
I've found a bug with the doassist option. Enabling that option prevents concussion from being cast. It seems to cause the loop to reset itself after the initial nuke. Disabling doassist clears the problem, but it's still a good feature if it does what I think it does (namely, follows MA even if nuke target is not dead). Suggested workaroud: expand the doassist loop to include the concussions.
Concussion is working fine with doassist enabled. You have elemental legs? I'll test it with various settings, but I'm pretty sure it's all working fine.

Edit: Yep, works like a charm for me.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:54 pm
by Libra
it returns the value of TRUE for harvest of druzzil being ready, yet the character isn't high enough to have it.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:58 pm
by Azum
Libra wrote:it returns the value of TRUE for harvest of druzzil being ready, yet the character isn't high enough to have it.
Strange. That's a MQ2 problem then. I'll see if I can come up with a workaround in the meantime. I'm wondering when AltAbilityReady got broken (again).