Some people just aren't all that bright

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

insanitywiz
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:50 am

Some people just aren't all that bright

Post by insanitywiz » Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:30 am

I don't know, but it seems to me, that if I was annoyed about someone doing annoying things to me in game, that if I decided to petition him, I would of course, especially if I was a GM of a prominent guild on Fennin Ro, turn off MQ, or at least make sure that MQ commands weren't listed in the /report that I petitioned about.

Maybe it's just me, but I think I would try to avoid doing that sort of thing. Maybe I'm just silly though.

lifewolf
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:29 pm

Post by lifewolf » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:56 am

Hey.. I didnt know that petitions show all 10 lines of text for quite awhile either. It says it reports all text pretaining to what you type after it.. Makes it SOUND like its reporting anything containing those pieces of text.

Dumb people/guides telling you to /report <NAME> also dont help the fact.

Must just be a more obvious dumb thing not to do for people that have been guides before and know how it works.

Valerian
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:29 am

Post by Valerian » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:21 am

Petitions do not send the last 10 lines of anything. I believe you misread the post.
insanitywiz wrote:I would of course, (...), turn off MQ, or at least make sure that MQ commands weren't listed in the /report that I petitioned about.
(bold added for emphasis)