Count your faction hits!

Post your completed (working) macros here. Only for macros using MQ2Data syntax!

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

User avatar
KungFuHamster
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:47 am

Count your faction hits!

Post by KungFuHamster » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Hey all, thought I'd post a macro I wrote that counts the number of faction hits you have accumulated so far in your session.

Just run it with "/mac faction" (takes no arguments) and it will echo each faction hit as you get it, and also record to your mqlog, in case you crash or something and you want to keep a total tally.

This was useful for me today while working on the very irritating Dranik Loyalist faction. But I am finally warmly!

Ok the macro isn't very useful, but it's a way to give yourself feedback so you don't go insane trying to put your head around 3500 faction hits or whatever it is from scowling to warmly.

Code: Select all

|=============================================================================
| Faction counter
|=============================================================================

#event Loyalist "#*#Your faction standing with Dranik Loyalists got better.#*#"

|============================================================================= 

Sub Main 
   /declare FactionHits int outer
   
   /echo Starting faction counter. 

   :MainLoop 
      /doevents
      /delay 4
      /goto :MainLoop 
/endmacro 

Sub Event_Loyalist
  /varset FactionHits ${Math.Calc[${FactionHits}+1]}
  /echo ${FactionHits} hits on Loyalist faction so far.
  /mqlog ${FactionHits} hits on Loyalist faction so far.
/return
Replace the "Dranik Loyalists" parts with whatever faction you're currently working on. Or use it as a template for any simple activity counter. I know for most of you this macro will be totally trivial and useless, but I know some people out there aren't quite so skilled with them, and this might help them start out with something easy.