#event troubles

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Bretttido
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:57 am

#event troubles

Post by Bretttido » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:09 am

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong, but now am pretty convinced there is a bug in the new event parsing code.

The following works as intended:

Code: Select all

#event TashLanded "#*#glances nervously about."
#event SlowLanded "#*#slows down."

Sub Event_TashLanded
	/echo TashLanded
/return

Sub Event_SlowLanded
	/echo SlowLanded
/return

Sub Main
	:TestLoop
		/doevents
	/goto :TestLoop
/return
Making the following modification to the events also works:

Code: Select all

#event TashLanded "#*# glances nervously about."
#event SlowLanded "#*#slows down."
As does

Code: Select all

#event TashLanded "#*#glances nervously about."
#event SlowLanded "#*# slows down."
This however, does not work (events are never triggered)

Code: Select all

#event TashLanded "#*# glances nervously about."
#event SlowLanded "#*# slows down."

anon_coward
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:11 pm

Post by anon_coward » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:35 am

I've seen the same problem. removing the leading space fixes it for me also. I spent a little while reading Blech.h but I didnt see anything about spaces or tokenizing which would be the obvious places based on the odd behaviour.

dok
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:38 pm

Post by dok » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:33 am

I have to agree with seeing this same issue. Not really a big deal to modify your macros to have it work, but it did take me a bit to figure out why events weren't being parsed.

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:49 am

interesting, I'll look into that.
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0

Vexix
Genbot Janitor
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:10 am

Post by Vexix » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:22 am

Yup, same problem here. Was a bit of a mystery why some of my events weren't firing.

--Vexix