Syntax Bug

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Mysteryman
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:11 pm

Syntax Bug

Post by Mysteryman » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:11 pm

Before....

/declare G_Variablename global
/varset G_Variablename blablah
/echo @G_Variablename

whould produce the echo of blablah

now... it produces @G_Variablename

it seems the parser has an issue with the underscore character. as of the lastest (21b) build. Thaught it was another problem..but that's what it all boiled downto.

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:31 pm

Yeah _ might not be set as a valid variable name character, I guess you're the only one that uses it ;)

I'll set it to be allowed, it wont make a lick of a difference soon anyway when MQ2DataVars are in place
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0

Mysteryman
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:11 pm

Post by Mysteryman » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:06 am

Thanks ;)

I've pretty much coded around it all now. A few global search and replaces worked wonders.

Old habbit... using G_ for globals I got into when messing with tcl.

LordGiddion
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:12 pm
Contact:

Post by LordGiddion » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:58 am

I found the problem too but I just coded around it