tracking macro [Request Fulfilled]

Macro requests from before the user variable changes that broke all macros

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

curiousgeorge
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:02 pm

tracking macro [Request Fulfilled]

Post by curiousgeorge » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:05 pm

okay, here's the situation, and forgive me, i'm not a programmer. I'm sitting in the grey wasting skelly's like mad, and trying to spawn Hierophant Grazan for that blasted scimitar to give my druid. Well, I pull the whole area at once and train it, so all the rocks and stuff will leave and I just have the skels to deal with. I can then cast IVU and safely see if I have the Heirophant in my stockpile of skels, and then commence wasting them all. The problem is; while wasting all those skels, there's a good chance that heirophant will spawn after I've killed his PH and i'm so busy clearing out those skels that I may not notice the spawn and get KS'd.

so, here's what i'm asking. Is ther a macro to alert me when named mobs spawn, specifically the one i'm looking for, or a macro that I can EQW and have my druid sit there tracking and send me a /tell when he spawns so I dont' miss him? something like:

Code: Select all

druid_01 track
refresh track when it pops (loop)
if Heirophant Grazan = true
/stand
/target Heirophant Grazan
/face %t
/tell Ubertoon_01 "%t is on track, would you mind killing him for me?"
/if Heirophant Grazan = false
/track
something to that effect.

would actually be better if my main (a paladin) could /face Heirophant Grazan as soon as he pops so that I wouldn't need to '2 box' it. any thoughts?
wait, where did you say you put the cheeze-wiz?

User avatar
Fippy
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:42 am

Alert on spawn

Post by Fippy » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:12 pm

This should work.

Code: Select all

/sub main

   /alert clear 1 
   /alert add 1 npc Grazan

:Loop
    /if "$alert(1)"=="TRUE" /beep
    /Delay 10
/goto :Loop

/return

/beep is very laggy though so you probably dont want to run this whilst your fighting other mobs cause when it starts to go off it will be a major lagathon.

you could replace the /beep and do /traget and /face like you said though ike this.

Code: Select all

/sub main

   /alert clear 1 
   /alert add 1 npc Grazan

:Loop
    /if "$alert(1)"=="TRUE" {
    /target alert 1
    /face
}
    /Delay 10
/goto :Loop

/return

fippy

curiousgeorge
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:02 pm

Post by curiousgeorge » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:44 pm

sweet, so in this case I wouldnt' need to two-box it? Also would I need the mobs full name "heirophant grazan" or could it handle the $grazan?
wait, where did you say you put the cheeze-wiz?

gingertips
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:47 am
Location: Tseu-Qorcam

Post by gingertips » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:43 pm

or just download showeq?!

User avatar
rizwank
Huggle Police
Huggle Police
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:

Post by rizwank » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:29 pm

/target grazen (im not a fan of alerts so heres another method) would work too, with partial name.