Hexes?

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

kozz
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:11 pm

Hexes?

Post by kozz » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:21 pm

I would really like to start finding the hexes and so on but how would I go about finding them?I have a hex program (hex workshop) and I open up eqgame.exe in it but from there im lost heh.

Take this for example :

start "2002.07.24" "Speed - Change the 03 to increase speed"
75BB35 01 03
end

When I veiw the code in my hex program I can find stuff that resembles 75BB35 but nothing exact and it always has 8 digits with zero's in front or its broken into sets of 4 digits. Hmm I've just been cheap and using other peoples programs for speed/etc (thanks ddh and soulzek) but I guess its time to start doing it for my own. If anyone could just point me in the right direction that would help a ton. Thanks~!

kazan
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:56 pm

Post by kazan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:46 pm

speed is bad. like 8 ppl got banned for it that i know of on my server

kozz
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:11 pm

Post by kozz » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:53 pm

Yes it can be bad. However I don't think anything gets flagged when you use it. The only way to get caught I think would be if a GM catches you using it. Ive had a friend using speed hacks etc for over a year and hes never got caught. So basically if your smart about it and not a moron you won't get caught. Still haven't answered my question =( This stuff makes such little sense to me.

User avatar
Imperfect
Macro Author
Macro Author
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:52 am

Post by Imperfect » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:28 pm

Too bad this isn't actually a hacking forum...

kozz
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:11 pm

Post by kozz » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:04 pm

Did you see me say anywhere this WAS a hacking forum? No. However im sure some of you guys know a bit more about hexes/offsets then I do thats why I came looking for info, help, a bone anything. Learn to read before you flame Imperfect thanks.

User avatar
Imperfect
Macro Author
Macro Author
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:52 am

Post by Imperfect » Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:36 am

Ok I will have to be more careful next time. Oh yeah nm I wasn't actually flaming you. Oh well...