how are spells cast ?

Need some help with that macro you're working on or aren't quite sure how to get your macro to do something? Ask here!

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Guest

how are spells cast ?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:25 am

hey!

totally newbie here, have a question

When using /cast will MQ use keystrokes, mouseclicks .. or ... err..something else ?

if it uses keystrokes, is there anyway of telling it to use mouse ... without specifying the coordinates ... like.

/mouseto gem3
/clickl

or so ..... this looks very promising :D

noob

EqMule
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:57 pm
Contact:

Post by EqMule » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:17 am

we place a direct call to the cast function...

/cast "spirit of wolf"

will cast it if its memmed..
My status o/
If you like MQ2 and would like to contribute, please do. My goal is 25 donations per month.
So far I've received Image donations for this month's patches.

Bitcoin: 1Aq8ackjQ4f7AUvbUL7BE6oPfT8PmNP4Zq
Krono: PM me.
I can always use characters for testing, PM me if you can donate one.

Guest

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:26 am

Thank you for coming back to me.

I dont understand the reply though ...

basically what I need to know is: will it interfere with any text being typed as chat.

you make it sound as if it was .. something ala a api call (omg, that would rule)

got rathe council tonight, so scripting this at work ... gotta have it ready before I get home, hehe - thank you for your help!

Noob!

Scrime
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:48 pm
Contact:

Post by Scrime » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:43 pm

As EqMule said, its making a direct call to the cast funtion. Its not using the mouse or the keyboard.
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]asking smart questions[/url]

EqMule
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:57 pm
Contact:

Post by EqMule » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:46 pm

yes we call the everquest "api's" cast function...
My status o/
If you like MQ2 and would like to contribute, please do. My goal is 25 donations per month.
So far I've received Image donations for this month's patches.

Bitcoin: 1Aq8ackjQ4f7AUvbUL7BE6oPfT8PmNP4Zq
Krono: PM me.
I can always use characters for testing, PM me if you can donate one.