Possible fix for /finditem ...

A forum for feature requests/discussions and user submitted patches that improve MQ2

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

MacroFiend
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:47 am

Possible fix for /finditem ...

Post by MacroFiend » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:39 pm

I haven't checked this as I am writing it on my train ride home, but here is a possible fix to get /finditem to open/select items again.

Code: Select all

               gLastFind = PriSlot; 

[color=cyan]               if (pContainer->Open == 0) { [/color]
                  sprintf(szBuf,"right inv %d",PriSlot); 
                  Click(pChar,szBuf); 
                  WasOpen = TRUE; 
               } 
[color=cyan]               if (pContainer->Open == 0) { [/color]
                  strcpy(gLastError,"FIND_PACKNOTOPEN"); 
                  return; 
               } 
               sprintf(gLastFindSlot,"%d,%d",PriSlot,BagSlot); 
               sprintf(szBuf,"left pack %d %d",PriSlot,BagSlot); 
The cyan changes are all that should be needed to get the updated contaner state.

wassup
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by wassup » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:08 pm

Not sure what you mean. It's working now with /click fixed.

MacroFiend
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:47 am

It works ...

Post by MacroFiend » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:18 pm

if the bags are already open. The fixes I mentioned are for the case when the bag is closed.

Valerian
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:29 am

Post by Valerian » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:23 pm

there is a lag issue. to make this work, we'd probably have to do some intense coding (maybe multithreading) to wait for EQ to open the bag, and then actually click on the item. just open your bags before using /finditem...

MacroFiend
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:47 am

I agree ...

Post by MacroFiend » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:40 pm

I was returning the code to its partially working state from before the patch.

Most of the time I make sure my bags are open prior to running a /finditem.

Spectre
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:31 am

Post by Spectre » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:15 am

Actually, I prefer the current functionality. If I want to run a tradeskill tool, but not use all the components I have on the character, I just put what I want to save in a container and close it, and it's not touched by the macro.

If you change this, I'd like the option of somehow reverting back to how it's done now.