$char(gem, "name")

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

compuboy
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:19 am
Location: Good Question, if anyone finds out, let me know

$char(gem, "name")

Post by compuboy » Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:58 pm

Anyone have any idea on how long until the $char(gem, "name") function will be returning the correct value?

fwiggles
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:29 pm

Post by fwiggles » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:16 pm

depends on when one of the devs get around to fixing it...as if you didn't know that...but ya.
[color=red]Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.[/color]

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by dont_know_at_all » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:23 pm

at least it doesn't crash anymore.

compuboy
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:19 am
Location: Good Question, if anyone finds out, let me know

cool

Post by compuboy » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:25 am

ok, just making sure i did not miss the updade that made it work, i accomplish the same thing witha timer, just not as easy or reliable. Keep plugging away guys, we all REALLY appreicate it.

eqjoe
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by eqjoe » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:34 am

/char (gem, "name") returns what?


/em breaks out the code ......

Let me take a quick gander at this. I have a few mins to kill.

compuboy
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:19 am
Location: Good Question, if anyone finds out, let me know

Post by compuboy » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:38 am

returns if it is available; not available for casting; or not memmed i beleive, makes it easy if you use

/if n $char(gem,"Yalup II")>-1 /cast 1

in a macro. no timer required, just casts when it is available, also makes sure there is not much time lost of you get interrupted.

eqjoe
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by eqjoe » Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:13 am

Hmmmm.....

I don't know what part does not work in this fuction. Get spell by ID or name, spell refresh or charinfo memorized spells. I will test it after the servers come up and we have good offsets and stuff.

User avatar
ap50
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:29 pm

Post by ap50 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:07 pm

No offsets will change, as this was a scheduled maintenance, not a scheduled patch.

In otherwords, eqgame.exe (and nothing else clientside for that matter) hasn't changed.
[color=yellow][size=92][b]Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you![/b][/size][/color]

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by dont_know_at_all » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:29 pm

eqjoe wrote:Hmmmm.....

I don't know what part does not work in this fuction.
It does not return -2 if the gem is grayed out. We don't have the offset for the gems in the new UI.

I figure this will be possible to track down via a bard since casting a grayed gem is equivalent to /stopsong. Of course, I'll need a few hours of uninterrupted time to debug this and that doesn't happen very often.

eqjoe
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by eqjoe » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:52 pm

Bah... they pushed a new exe at the last second.... damn.

I will take a look at spell refreash when I can.

eqjoe
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by eqjoe » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:18 pm

4 bytes at 0x00733d30 change from 0x01000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF when the spell gems are grayed out. I am out of time today (RL sucks). I will take another look tomorrow.

Pigeon
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 9:43 pm

Post by Pigeon » Mon May 19, 2003 2:55 pm

/bump

It still isn't working perfektly. Not only does it not return -2 if the spell is greyed out, it returns -2 if the spell is in either of the first 2 spell slots.

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Post by Amadeus » Mon May 19, 2003 3:23 pm

I'll look into this today...

Can you post or PM me a simple macro that uses this so I can test it? I don't use macros ..hehe

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Post by Amadeus » Mon May 19, 2003 3:39 pm

Actually, after looking at it briefly, I think what I can do is fix so that it will work in as far as returning the casting gem for a particular spell name.

However, without the CLS* offsets (or replacement code), I don't think we know yet how to get the "-2" return when something is unusable.

Would you like to have a code replacement that would make it functionable, but without the "-2" (ie, being able to tell if a spell is usable yet or not" functionality?

In other words I'm fairly certain I could fix it so that you could type $char(gem, "Plague") and get the spell gem for that as well as return a 0 if it doesn't exist; however, it will be a while yet before we have the proper offsets (if they even exist anymore) to be able to tell you if that particular gem is "greyed" or not (ie, return a '-2').

Pigeon
orc pawn
orc pawn
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 9:43 pm

Post by Pigeon » Mon May 19, 2003 4:23 pm

Amadeus wrote:Would you like to have a code replacement that would make it functionable, but without the "-2" (ie, being able to tell if a spell is usable yet or not" functionality?

In other words I'm fairly certain I could fix it so that you could type $char(gem, "Plague") and get the spell gem for that as well as return a 0 if it doesn't exist; however, it will be a while yet before we have the proper offsets (if they even exist anymore) to be able to tell you if that particular gem is "greyed" or not (ie, return a '-2').
That would be fine- my big issue is that my PL bot basically loses the use of the first two spell gems- I can work around it (read: hard code) but I'd like a more encapsulated solution. I'll post my bot macro later on- it doesn't seem to be working atm, trying to figure out what changed since it last worked. :roll: